Hay there! I totally did not mean to be absent the past couple days- guess things just got a bit hectic. Defs not complaining- although I did miss you..but I’ll make it up with these…
now whilst I won’t have the great opportunity to make them for you, I can give you the recipe to make them- which is kinda the same thing right? Ha.
Anyways, I’m a bit super excited (which I possibly need to tone down just in case) as there is a slim chance I may be getting a job- spoke to someone who says there’s a chance a position will open for me, not sure what but it’s at a gym super close by. Yay!
I also got a new client to train yesterday and I don’t think I’ve had a client yet who has been so motivated- it’s truly inspiring and I’m so glad he is taking action to change his life!
But before that client I had a fun Melbourne Cup Day lunch with mum and her work crew. I rewore a dress that I wore once for New Years. (Yep whilst I tend to hate being an outfit repeater- sometimes these dresses are so gorgeous how can you not? Plus it was with a different crowd haha).
Fave moment? Well definitely not winning nothing wah! Ha. But when my mother got a tad excited about the amazing dessert bar spread and I followed with the expletives “f$%# yeah, look at all that fruit”. Obviously not my mother’s daughter on the food front
Apart from that I’m still lifting (I’ve finished my 6 week program with Tara and am in the week inbetween starting my next one- recap post to come, with photos!) and taking my BodyStep and BodyAttack classes. Plus I went to the podiatrist yesterday and got the all clear- although last night the ball of my left foot near my big toe started to hurt when I put pressure on it a certain way. I blame the heels
Anyways, caught up? Now it’s time to catch up with some awesome muffins. I seriously do hope you made the banana bread/cake recipe I shared because if you haven’t…well I’m sorry…you haven’t lived [my bf actually requests it every time he finishes it- plus it's healthy?! what is this!]. This is based upon that and stuffed into cupcake lines and tin. I call it muffins but it’s not quite as dense as a muffin, but I do what I want- so therefore it will be a muffin! Ha.
Banana & Dark Chocolate Muffins
Makes 12. Based upon my [amazing] Banana Bread recipe.
- 1 cup of wholemeal self raising flour
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 LARGE slices of dark chocolate, crushed (I used Lindt 85% you can use any type of choc!)
- 1/4 cup of Norbu (other sweetener/sugar should work)
- Preheat fanforced oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- Mash bananas and add flour, egg, Norbu. Mix through.
- Crush the dark chocolate pieces until small (but not too fine, so you get nice big melted bits mmm).
- Mix chocolate through.
- Share the mixture between the 12 cupcake liners.
- Place in oven for roughly 10-15 minutes (dependant upon microwave) or until top springs back when lightly touched.
Too easy- and a portable quick snack, brekky, dessert or even dinner (I won’t tell- but you’d surely have to eat 4+ for it to count as meal!).
- Do you prefer cupcakes or muffins?
- What would you like included in my 6 week weight training recap?
- Did you win big on the Melbourne Cup yesterday?