Happy Thursday peeps- can you believe it’s almost Friday? Whilst most things are fine and dandy I’m not okay with this heat. I’m tempted to upload a sweaty selfie #sweatyselfie (there’s such a thing right) but I will refrain from it incase you’re eating.
I’ve been quite the twitter-er (or tweeter is it?) lately, since I’ve felt the need to share some obviously very important info but no time to blog. So add ME on Twitter!..or errrr follow.
For those of you sans twitter let’s update ya.
I’m currently doing the whole ‘reduce’ your egg yolks thing to prove to my doctor that it’ll make no difference to my (heredity) high cholesterol (thanks mum). It’s not an easy task since I typically enjoy eating eggs for brekky and snacks. I’ve been changing up my breakkies to egg white oats but for the life of me I just can’t stomach the whole sweet thing for brekky.
I need some yummy savoury brekky ideas that’ll give me a good dose of protein and some carbs in there too- help!
Speaking of protein, I got super hungry after BodyStep, CX & training a client, but I needed to grab some vitamins. I found this Aussie Bodies Protein Fx bar and absolutely loved it…
legit felt like I was munching on a chocolate bar (without all the nasties). Ingredients list was lengthy but I felt it was a better option in a time of need haha.
After my sports massage today I made my way to the shops to grab some items and I found…
KALE. So what’s a typical healthy blogger to do?
Ahh make kale chips of course.
I was surprised by them actually. Here’s the lowdown on KALE CHIPS:
- They are literally crunchy (I was expecting soggy messes)
- Every now and again you get a bitter part, but you forget as you take the next bite/chip.
- They remind me of prawn crackers…so much so that I’m tempted to call them Kale Krackers (with a K of course for alliteration purposes)
- Do not go crazy with the salt shaker. I seemed to let my salt go wild and some are a bit overboard.
- Salt is necessary. Garlic is not enough. Garlic + Salt or Garlic Salt will work though.
- I just ate the entire batch- #sorrynotsorry
- You will need to try this recipe!
(Yes these are the same as Kale Chips- but the name’s catchier right?)
- Bunch of kale
- 1/2-1 tbs of oil
- Seasonings- salt is necessary but feel free to get experimental with other spices you like. I love garlic powder mmmm.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 150 degrees celsius and line 2 baking trays (so to space the kale pieces out).
- Cut your Kale leaves off the stalk and cut the middle section so just the leafy edges/leaves are left.
- Massage leaves into oil and spread out on baking trays.
- Top with seasoning (start with a tsp and then adjust until desired amount. This will be dependent upon how many kale leaves you have also).
- Place in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes. Rotate your pan around for even cooking around half way through.
Simple right? No flipping, no mess, no worries. It’s so short that even when you’re in a life or must-eat-all-the-pringles situation you could whip these up instead and be munching away in no time. Savoury cravings- satisfied.
Enjoy krunching on your kale krackers (yes, I went there).
- What is your favourite savoury seasoning?