Wow, I cannot believe I’m already three weeks into this plan! Oh how the time flies. I won’t lie though- I’m getting impatient and expecting to look absolutely perfect and still not 100% happy but that’s less about the weight training & nutrition, than it is about me [Don't get me wrong, huge improvements from where I've been I just still feel that I don't see exactly what I want in the mirror].
I felt really strong this week and mastered some lifts that left me dying last week. Whilst I still died this week I managed to do them with perfect form and some heavier weights first
Umm I hope I’m not becoming a gym snob because I totally had a chuckle to myself as 4 blokes each took turns ‘working’ their forearms. It was basically this…
but one handed. But before you judge me for being a terrible person, I so wanted to help them out and give them some solid compound moves. Considering one was morbidly obese, 2 were overweight and one was a senior- and they all took turns doing the move, taking their time, strolling around. But anyways.. back to me haha.
Exercises I Loved This Week:
- Overhead Squats- because I could legit do it this week (although I’m still sticking to bodypump bars and adding weights to that in the meantime). But my range was there and I felt so much stronger than last week.
- Cable Pull Throughs- love it!
- Rope Face Pulls…I must just love using the TRX machine haha.
Exercises I Loathed This Week:
- Chin ups….always and forever will I hate you
- Incline Bench Press- still feels so wrong and I find it harder to lift the weights to starting position.
- Military Press. I have no idea why my progress is stalled. I am lifting a third of what I was..but I do have more reps this time?
This week has been the weirdest week for me. Food is still so meh and I’m losing my appetite. It’s scaring me shitless (mind the french) that I’m either (a) ruining my metabolism or (b) making myself gain weight as I try to stick to my nutrition plan even when I’m not hungry. I have skipped after dinner meals and eggs here and there simply because I was stuffed. What the hell right? This is so not me.
I’m hoping it is somehow connected to my sleep which is probably all brought on by stress/anxiety with everything that’s going on. And now that my sleep is coming back ever since taking zinc tablets (seriously going to sing praise’s to my Stepper lady) I’m hoping the appetite follows through
Eggs are the hardest to eat though some tomato sauce, curry powder or wait for it…vegemite smeared on usually helps!
3 down and 3 to go. And results are promising so far (even if I still want more more more), with my weights starting to make decent progress…now let’s just hope the food picks up a bit.
- How has your nutrition and lifting been this week?
- Would you ever consider getting an exercise program?