Ps. Yes, I went there and did a shamefully lame rhyme as my post title
Morning! Thought I’d do something a little bit different and blog after my BodyStep class this morning (and before I head off to school). Because I just have to share this Chicken Curry I made!
I’m not usually a curry cooker but I feel like I’m in a bit of a cooking rut and wanted to veer into new territory. I’m so glad I gave curries a chance, after thinking they were laborious and time consuming…this one is certainly not!
It’s got a decent spice to it, but not too spicy because of someone haha (the man is a wimp ha), and it’s almost got a bit of a korma taste to it.
Serve it with sweet potato, naan, rice or just eat alone. It’s perfect for those cold nights we’ve got ahead of us! #wintersucks
Taken from Eat Clean Diet
Makes 4 large servings
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3 tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1kg chicken breast
- 1 cup of coconut cream (full fat or light)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of Chobani 0% plain (or another plain greek yogurt)
- Prepare chicken and cut into chunks.
- Place a frypan on medium heat with oil. Once heated saute onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin and cinnamon together until fragrant. (mixture will look quite dry)
- Add chicken for a few minutes and mix until entirely seasoned.
- Pour in coconut cream, water & Chobani. Mix through until coated.
- Bring to the boil before allowing to simmer for a good 20-30 minutes, or until mixture has thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Serve as desired!
We’ve even got leftovers today and it’s been a battle as to who gets dibs- a good sign I’d say
Enjoy your Friday! Bring on the weekend.
- Do you prefer your curries spicy, medium or mild?