Not much from me this morning, except I just had to share a photo of our amazing Moussaka dinner we had last night.
The recipe was taken from Super Food Ideas and it’s only had a couple of tweaks here and there. It reminds me of a Spanish vegetable lasagna, yet my brother thinks it’s more like a pie. Either way- it’s delicious. I promise. I only wish I had taken a picture of the whole dish.
Here it is for your enjoyment:
Makes 5 servings.
- 1kg of pork & veal mince
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of salt reduced chicken stock
- mixed herbs
- 680g bottle of passata sauce
- 1 egg plant
- cheese of preference (sometimes we do a combo of parmesan & tasty- and other times it’s tasty & bocconcini for something special)
- Put an oven on 180 degrees celsius.
- Spray a large dish.
- Place mince in a pan on medium to high heat with garlic and cook until browned.
- Add stock and passata sauce.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice up an eggplant lengthways and grill until soft (I use a sandwich press for convenience).
- After 15 minutes, place half the mince in the oiled dish and layer half of the eggplant on top. Layer remaining mince, top with eggplant and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Serve and devour.
Oh and head on over to the WOW Giveaway to see if you’re a winner. Winners please contact me with your names and addresses to receive your prizes!