Don’t you love it when your kitchen experiments turn out swell?
Well that was exactly the case with dinner last night!
I’d mentally filed away the idea of one day trying a faux rice using cauliflower and since it was just the boy and I, it was the perfect time to try.
What really surprised us, apart from the huge success of the dish, was just how bloomin’ filling it was! It’s also super versatile so feel free to add in whatever protein and vegies you like, as well as change up the stock.
But if you want to know exactly what we did, here it is.
Cauliflower Risotto with Chicken, Semi-dried Tomatoes & Spinach
Makes 3-4 servings.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 800g chicken breast, small pieces
- 1.5 (roughly) cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 1/3 cup of semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Handful of spinach, ripped
- 2 tsp of garlic/2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Optional: Cream, cheese/parmesan & mushrooms
- Using a Vitamix, blender or food processor blend/process sections of cauliflower, until head has been used up, and cauliflower resembles rice in size.
- Steam for 3 or so minutes, no water necessary.
- Meanwhile heat oil and garlic in a saucepan and proceed to cook chicken.
- Roughly 5 minutes before chicken is cooked, place 1/2 cup of chicken stock in the saucepan. Reduce heat to medium.
- Once chicken is cooked add cauliflower and remaining chicken stock, as well as the semi-dried tomatoes and spinach.
- Serve into dishes and garnish with cheese.
Optional: Mix in cream once served or add in your mushrooms if you’re bf is too picky and doesn’t like them.
Oh and did I mention it was super easy to do? Think again risotto- I’m no longer wasting my time stirring you.
Are you a pasta or risotto person? It’s always a battle for me at Italian restaurants since I enjoy both. First world problems…
Daily Healthy Thought: Stay strong.