HAPPY NEW YEAR! Welcome to 2013!
Because I’m super organised and also unsure to what my state will be this morning I decided to get a jump start on this post. The typical thing to do would be to set some new year resolutions- and I’m all for that, but I think before we get into another year of goals and what not we should do 2012 justice by taking the time to reflect on it.
In particular I want to look back on the things I’ve learnt this year. And I mean, how else can I establish resolutions and goals for 2013 if I don’t know where I stand and what I’ve learnt/done so far. As important as it is to continually re-evaluate and move forward, it’s equally important to celebrate every little win and accomplishment.
Below is a mixture of fun, joyous, serious, silly and everything-else-in-between learnings from 2012.
What I Learnt In 2012
- Albeit, this discovery was only recent..but it still counts- I learnt that I need to get out and about more!
- You can’t please everyone.
- You’ve got to go for things (especially recovery) full throttle if you really want it.
- I can function on small amounts of sleep..although I prefer not too!
- Regardless of the school, grade, kids, social economic state etc I will always grow attached to the kids I teach.
- I don’t always have to take the reigns.
- Sometimes I’ve just got to shut my mouth- say what!?
- Almond butter rocks.
- Vitamixs are the shiz- ain’t never going back!
- There is such a thing as too much Sweet Chilli sauce in a salad.
- What I do doesn’t define who I am.
- Rest days are important too!
- You can feel close and friendly with someone over the internet
- I love to blog!
- Foam Rolling is a god sent.
- I enjoy cleaning (thanks mum!)
- My spine and neck is not 100% healthy
- I love heavy weights! So does my body
- It’s okay to like/love/eat/enjoy ‘bad’ food
- There’s no such thing as ‘bad’ food!
- To relax (or I’m getting there atleast)
- Natvia is amazing stuff!
- Moving houses is a HUGE task.
- How to be a Body Step instructor!
- How incredibly awesome Les Mills is.
- That I seem to have a lot of twins out there- isn’t the world such a lucky place to have multiple mes? haha!
Okay so there’s probably a billion other things I’ve learnt but I wouldn’t want to bore with you with anymore, plus I can’t remember them all right at this moment either haha. Though it would be cool to list 2012 things I’ve learnt in 2012…
What have you learnt in 2012? What state did you wake up in on New Years Day?