You all know my eating philosophy, and my takes on moderation and balance- plus more recently my thoughts on ‘weekend eating‘. It’s obvious that I love food and like to eat. Yup, I’d even label myself a foodie. But there are still some things, for whatever reasons, that I will not eat. And I thought it’d be interesting to share and explore those with you. I’ll try my hardest to also include some sort of explanation- but do not judge my probably (definitely) absurd reason for doing so.
Foods I Will NOT Eat:
- Foods containing artificial sweeteners. If I’m going to have sweetness it’ll be all natural from sugar, Natvia or items such as honey. It’s not a diet or weight loss thing. It’s because I feel they do more harm than good. So what if it has non-existant calories, what you’re eating is a chemical and processed. Plus, the chemical sweetness with the absence of actual energy for your body may cause more harm than good… if you know what I mean. Of course there will be times when I do consume this, but that is out of pure ignorance as well as the fact that I’m not someone who constantly looks at the back of packets 29387328473 times a day anymore (It wasn’t good for me).
- Seafood other than shrimp prawns and fish. Scallops? Yuck. Calamari? I can’t even..Prawns? They watch you eat them! I choose not to eat seafood because it revolts me. But fish and some of those tiny shrimpy prawns? Yum yum.
- Potato Chips. Once again not a fad diet thing, but I’ve never been a fan of potato chips. It’s a waste of food in my opinion..whereas the bf would die without his beloved Doritos- strictly cheese supreme flavour. If I want something savoury I’d much rather vegemite and cheese on toast, dips with crackers/cruskits etc.
- Meat Fat. You know those extra bits on meat that apparentally have the best flavour? Yup, can’t do it. I have never been able to for fear of choking. I also hate that rubbery texture and my inability to gnaw through it.
- Deep fried food. Although in the past I’ve loved me some hot chips I very rarely have deep fried food. For one I don’t like the shell. When I was growing up (and eating everything my heart desired) I always picked the deep fried coating off my fish. Also being a natural sweet lover probably makes me favour foods of a sweet variety and tilt my nose at the mere savoury food- pfft..learn to eat people!
- Something that has been swamped with the label healthy that is full of chemicals, sugar and fats. If I want all that fat and sugar, I won’t be getting it in a muesli bar, a milkshake or something half ass. It’d be something way more fun like ice-cream, amazing decadent cakes or some sort of baked good.
- Cordials, energy drinks or soft drinks. I don’t see the point. The sweetness is extreme and it’s like literally drinking sugared water. I’d be able to come up with way funner ways to eat that amount of energy/sugar than in liquid form. Plus with the amount I workout and sweat I can’t risk getting dehydrated. Oh and have you actually tasted red bull? Years ago I had one on a cruise and it tasted like animal urine (not that I’ve tried).
- Ice-blocks. Never really cared for them, I’m more an ice-cream or gelato girl
And here I thought I wasn’t overly picky. But give me the benefit of the doubt- lucky I didn’t tire you out with the much longer lists of things I DO and WILL eat. I think I’d get finger cramps typing that one up. None of these choices by the way are based on any diet or weight loss wish, but either on my general fussiness or a concern for my health. Although I preach moderation and enjoy the finer things in life (ice cream and sweets are one of them!) I also love and respect my body. In saying that I try to give it the best stuff possible. Most of the time it is natural, healthy, whole foods; but yes..some of the time that is ice cream also!
What won’t you eat?